Spicy Cowboy Bacon Burgers Recipe: Hamburger patties made with ground beef, jalapeno, and diced bacon, grilled and stacked with spicy cheese, barbecue sauce, and fried onions!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by ALDI USA. All opinions are my own.
Burgers For Dad
Dads love burgers… It’s a proven fact.
Ok, I’m not sure there’s ever been a scientific study on this, but I’ve never met a dad that didn’t love a good juicy hamburger. Have you?
When I think back on the foods my father loves, as well as the foods that the father of my children loves, they all fall into the same category… Beefy comfort foods.
My dad has a secret love affair with hamburgers.
I’ve watched him blissfully devour hundreds of burgers in my lifetime, and I’m positive he’s eaten many more outside of my presence.
Lt. Dan (my hubby) also craves a good spicy burger on a regular basis.
P.S. All the ingredients in today’s recipe can be found at ALDI. Plus, you can have them delivered to your house with Instacart. Get the details below!
So What Makes A “Good” Burger?
You can add all the gourmet ingredients you like… Yet I’ve found a simple beef burger, made well, is what most people prefer.
Less is more. Sometimes fancy toppings are just overkill.
Just make sure to focus on cooking the patties properly, so they are juicy and full of beefy flavor. There’s nothing worse they a tough dry hamburger patty.
Today’s Cowboy Burger Recipe offers a brilliant blend of simple, yet perfectly balanced, ingredients. All things dad will love!
What Are Cowboy Burgers?
Cowboy Burgers are beef hamburgers made with:
- Barbecue Sauce
- Fried Onions, or onion rings
- Cheddar Cheese, Colby, or Monterey Jack.
- A Spicy Component. This could be spicy cheese, jalapenos, green chilies in or on the meat patties, or even a spicy sauce.
These ingredients are almost always present in Cowboy Burgers, but are often prepared in different ways.
Juicy Bacon Burgers
In our Cowboy Hamburger recipe, instead of adding crispy bacon to the top, I like to dice the bacon in its raw state and add it to the ground beef.
That way, the bacon fat keeps the patties extra moist and flavorful.
I also like to add spice twice…
- First, by mixing freshly shaved jalapeno into the patty mixture.
- Second, by selecting a spicy cheese instead of mild cheese slices.
Today I topped the bacon burgers with bold Habanero Jack cheese slices I found at ALDI, because they are made with both habanero and jalapeno peppers, for an extra-extra kick!
Best Cowboy Burgers Recipe
Dad will love this combination of rich savory flavors mixed with spicy peppers and sweet barbecue sauce.
The crispy fried onions on the top provide the perfect amount of crunch to contrast the tenderness of the patties. Plus, you don’t have to make them from scratch, so that saves time.
These cowboy burgers are an absolute winner.
They are easy to make at home, yet taste just like they came from a gourmet burger joint.
Dad will be impressed!
Spicy Cowboy Bacon Burgers Ingredients
- Ground Beef – I used premium organic grass-fed beef from ALDI. You can buy it in family packs for an amazing price. We love the flavor of the grass-fed ground beef from ALDI; it doesn’t taste gamey like some brands. And it’s such a great deal!
- Bacon – Buy thick-cut bacon so when you dice it you have nice little cubes.
- Jalapeños – I used fresh, but you could also use diced pickled jalapeños.
- Grill Seasoning – Use a seasoning blend meant for grilling. ALDI makes one just for burgers!
- Hamburger Buns – I used soft brioche buns with shiny tops. Yet regular hamburger buns are fine as well.
- Sliced Cheese – If you (or dad) can’t handle the heat, you can buy cheddar slices. Or spice it up with peppery cheese!
- Lettuce – Butter lettuce leaves.
- Tomato – Fresh ripe slices.
- Pickles – Dill or “hamburger” pickles.
- Barbecue Sauce – Pick something sweet and smoky. I like Burman’s Texas-style BBQ sauce from ALDI.
- French Fried Onions – Salty, crunchy, and packed with onion flavor.
Guess what! I found all the ingredients I needed for this Spicy Cowboy Burgers Recipe at my local ALDI store!
Best Ingredients + Amazing Savings
If you haven’t been to ALDI in a while, it’s time to revisit. Did you know ALDI is updating almost all their stores in the USA?
There are five ALDI stores within 30 minutes of me… All of them have been updated in the last couple of years. The oldest store was completely rebuilt from the ground up!
That’s serious dedication to the customer experience.
I’m always amazed at how much money I save at ALDI. For instance, two hundred dollars usually fills up about half my cart at the regular grocery store.
At ALDI I can leave with an entire cart full of groceries for the same amount!
The ALDI Way
The ALDI way is a little different from a regular grocery store run, but every aspect is designed to save you money.
As an example, the shelves are designed and stocked in a specific way to cut down on the need for extra employees.
ALDI also cuts out the middle man by creating their own in-house products… many of which are organic, gluten-free, and free of sketchy ingredients like food coloring and preservatives.
That means you can save money, and buy quality products you feel good about serving your family.
You can find everything you need to celebrate dad at ALDI this year. They even have an aisle with amazing gifts for Father’s Day!
Just imagine how proud he will be when he finds out how much money you saved. *wink*
How to Make These Delicious Burgers
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Set out a large bowl. Add the ground beef, diced bacon, grated jalapeños, and Burger Grill Seasoning. Mix by hand until well combined.
- Divide the meat mixture into 8 equal portions. Press each portion into a patty slightly wider than the buns.
- Place the patties on the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side. The insides can be slightly pink in the middle, but not medium-rare because of the bacon. The moment the burgers come off the grill, place a slice of cheese over the top of each patty, so they start to melt.
- Stack the burgers on the buns with lettuce, tomato slices, pickles, barbecue sauce, and crispy onions on top.
- Serve warm with your favorite sides (like sweet potato fries, corn on the cob, and other side dishes.)
Get the Full (Printable) How To Make Spicy Bacon Cowboy Burger Below. Enjoy!
Instacart At ALDI
Surprise… ALDI delivers!
On days you run out of time to stop by ALDI yourself, you can use Instacart to have your groceries delivered straight to your home.
Simply create a login, then start shopping.
Your groceries can be delivered in as little as one hour. Plus, if you spend more than $35, your delivery is completely free!
As a bonus to you, we’ve created an ALDI Instacart pre-made grocery list just for you. Click this link and all the ingredients in our Cowboy Burgers will be added to your Instacart!
Bonus #2, if you area a first-time ALDI Instacart user, use the coupon code ALDISpicy19 to save $10 off your first THREE orders of $35 or more!
More Brilliant Burger Recipes
Spicy Cowboy Bacon Burgers
Cowboy Bacon Burgers Recipe: Hamburger patties made with ground beef, jalapeno, and diced bacon, stacked with spicy cheese, barbecue sauce, and fried onions!
Servings: 8 burgers
- 2 pounds Simply Nature Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 8 ounce Appleton Farms Thick Sliced Bacon, diced
- 1-3 whole fresh jalapeños, grated
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Amazing Burger Grill Seasoning
- 8 whole Specially Selected Brioche Buns
- 8 slices Happy Farms Preferred Habanero Jack Cheese (or Extra Sharp Cheddar)
- ½ cup Burman’s Barbecue Sauce – Texas Style
- 1 cup Chef’s Cupboard French Fried Onions
- 8 leaves butter lettuce
- 8-16 slices tomato
- 1 cup sliced dill pickles
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Set out a large bowl. Add the ground beef, diced bacon, grated jalapeños, and Burger Grill Seasoning. Mix by hand until well combined.
Divide the meat mixture into 8 equal portions. Press each portion into a patty slightly wider than the buns.
Place the patties on the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side. The insides can be slightly pink in the middle, but not medium-rare because of the bacon. The moment the burgers come off the grill, place a slice of cheese over the top of each patty, so they start to melt.
Stack the burgers on the buns with lettuce, tomato slices, pickles, barbecue sauce, and fried onions on top. Serve warm.
Serving: 1burger, Calories: 622kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 31g, Fat: 46g, Saturated Fat: 19g, Cholesterol: 124mg, Sodium: 819mg, Potassium: 543mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 1035IU, Vitamin C: 4.6mg, Calcium: 259mg, Iron: 3.2mg
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!